Needing a quick boost of energy? Put away the energy drink and caffeine and grab a healthy treat that is vegan friendly.
Cacao & Almond Energy Balls!
400g Pitted Dates
200g Blanched Almonds
4 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond butter
1. Put almonds in blender until crushed.
2. Add in dates until combined
3. Put in all other ingredients and mix until combined
4. Take a teaspoon of mixture and roll into a ball, repeat until all mixture is used.
5. Place the balls into the freezer for 1 hour ( I wrapped them individually in clingfilm)
6. Take out and place in fridge in sealed container.
Mixture makes around 20 depending on how big you want them.
(Idea from Deliciously Ella, modified slightly)
Give them a try and let me know!