I keep hearing from my clients how they don't have time in the
morning from breakfast and how they then end up snacking throughout the day. My advice is to prepare something in advance.
One of my favourite on the go breakfasts is an egg muffin. Full of flavour and goodness!
Here is a recipe for my favourite vegetable egg muffins!
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 an onion
- 50g mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 bag of fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a muffin tray with some olive/coconut oil and set to one side
2. Chop the onion, mushrooms and pepper into roughly 1cm squares. Cook them on the hob with a small amount of oil until soft
3. Add in spinach and cook until done, stirring occasionally throughout. Once done take off hob and allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Whisk the eggs together and season with small amount of salt and pepper
5. Spoon the vegetables into the muffin tray so they fill approximately 1/3
6. Poor the egg mixture in until its almost full
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm at the top
The mixture makes 12 egg muffins. These can be kept in the fridge for 3 days or you can store them in the freezer, take them out the night before to defrost in the fridge and microwave in the morning for 1 minute so they are nice and hot.
If they want more flavour you can add more vegetables, salmon or bacon.
Give the recipe a go and let me know how you get on!